Monday, January 12, 2009

Entry 3, Jan 12

A longtime friend of Jayme's wrote a comment in response to the Jan 10th entry and I want to share it with everyone who follows this blog.

I'm an ordinary man. I've known Jayme since we were children. I think it is one of the great privileges of my life to know this unique man. In another culture, in another time, Jayme might have been a witch doctor or a warrior. A priest or a heretic. A nobleman or an anarchist. A scientist or a jester. But never ordinary.

I know Jayme believes that each of us can help him defeat this vicious animal. So look into your soul and decide how best you can affect the universe. Light a candle, hold a ceremony, shout from the rooftops, burn some incense, pray in earnest, chant at midnight, write a poem, sacrifice a virgin.

Please observe local statutes.

You know the wish to make when you blow out the candles on your next birthday, or when you break a wishbone, or when you see a falling star. And I don't mean the one about getting a pony.

And when Jayme wins this battle, we can take the credit!

1 comment:

  1. Jayme - I think it is awesome that you are allowing us to share this battle with you. I will "pray" for you and I DO believe you will WIN this war.

    ReplyDelete