Sunday, May 3, 2009

More of the Same

Spent most of the day trying to keep Jayme's nausea and pain in check. We both mentioned to the nurse that he took Ativan at home and that seemed to work well. The Dr agreed and wrote the order. The nausea is much less, but a side effect is drowsiness. Lots of sleeping this afternoon, even during the Royal's game. (Since they played the Twins, I got to watch all 3 games!) The pain pump is gone so they are giving him pain meds through his feeding tube every four hours, which seems to be working OK.

Tomorrow could be a big breakthrough day. He will have a swallow test with barium to make sure there are no leaks at the esophagus/intestine surgery site. They have also ordered a liver ultrasound due to an elevated blood test, though they are not alarmed, it's just precautionary. Hopefully, he will have the nasal tube and a chest tube removed and he can start taking liquids by mouth. Difficult to predict what will happen if the nausea persists.

Thanks to all the elves who have beautified our yard this weekend. I am told we have some new lovely flowers and the beds are mulched. Thanks friends!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about the setback but I'm sure it is minor and Jayme will be feeling better soon. I hope the nausea is under control soon! Keep me posted. I'm thinking about you guys non stop!!

    ReplyDelete