Monday, April 27, 2009

Still in Surgery

The nurse communicators have been doing a great job of updating me, but they don't have lots of details since they aren't in the operating room. The last update was at 6:20 and I was told that they had just closed up the abdomen and were getting ready to start on the esophagus. Dr Nichols doesn't think he will finish until at least 10:00 tonight. I have no idea why the surgery is taking almost 10 hours and won't know until I talk to the Dr after he is through. The good news is they say Jayme is doing fine and is stable.

I will update again tonight after I speak with the Dr.

I am back at my hotel which is across the street from the hospital. I can literally leave my room and be in the hospital in 3 minutes. So nice and convenient. Thanks oldest brother!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the updates. We've been thinking about you all day and glad to hear everything is going smoothly. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete